JohnTem82387976

3 March 2011

Rum Do - 12 March

Rum Do

London dwelling readers might be delighted (or horrified) to learn that I've been invited to do a DJ set at the long-running "Rum Do" event at The Castle in Whitechapel on 12 March.  Naturally, I'll be working within the rubric of the evening which tends to be sixties mod pop, Northern Soul and rock and roll, although I'm sure I'll find a way of sneaking in some beat and popsike as well.  

Sadly, this means that anyone expecting to hear hot toe-tapping discs by the likes of Nanette Newman, Bernard Manning, Julian Clary and Big Cherry is going to walk out very disappointed, but I wouldn't suppose that many of you were (and I'm not sure what night you'd go to if you genuinely wanted to hear stuff like that, but if you ever find a venue, please let me know).

Also on the bill are "Dylan Moran's favourite band" The De Selby Codex, Wol and a special secret guest.  The Facebook invite and details can be found here, but just in case you can't access that, the details are:

Rum Do, The Castle, Whitechapel, London, E1 1LN


8:30pm - midnight


Saturday 12 March

Come over and say hello if you make it down.

No comments: