JohnTem82387976

21 March 2018

Ten Years Old Today

I'm almost struggling to believe it myself, but "Left and to the Back" has been going for ten years solid (well, if you discount that six month break we had in 2013 when I fractured my elbow and got caught in the middle of house-moving shenanigans).

This started as a slightly confused blog where I waxed lyrical about records I felt were unfairly overlooked as well as any old random nonsense I found littering the Music and Video Exchange in Camden. While it might seem as if the approach is still scattershot, I like to think that it's a bit less random and slapdash these days, and if I include a record on the blog it's because I think it's worth hearing or because I actually have something to say about it. The days of just sicking the orchestral music from a coffee advert up on here just because I happened to find the associated promotional vinyl in a second hand shop last week are pretty much over. (And yes, that sentence should read "sticking" rather than "sicking", but for once I actually prefer the typo).

Naturally, managing to last for ten years without completely losing interest in this or otherwise being removed from the Internet is something that's bound to bring out my self-indulgent side, and for the next few entries I'll be putting up some posts about notable things I've shared in that time, and I might even have the odd update along the way (such as, for example, being able to do a big reveal on who The Snowmen really were...)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...


Congratulations David, I hope you want to continue this wonderful blog.
I have already been able to download a lot of "hard to find" singles from your blog

Greetings Albert

VanceMan said...

A big congratulations and thank you for a decade of interesting find!

Richard said...

Thank you, David, for doing what you do. I found your blog a year or two ago and have been following it ever since. You make some really interesting and fun finds. I'm most impressed, however, about the information you provide about each release. I have no idea how you dig up the nuggets that you do. And thank you for showing us the labels in very readable resolution. I'm always interested in who composed the song. Without the label image, that info can be really difficult to find.

CL said...

Congrats!!!

Arthur Nibble said...

Well played! Keep shovelling us the intriguing stuff as always.

Robert Charbonnier said...

Happy Birthday :)

Klepsie said...

Ten years but not decayed...

Anonymous said...

Congrats from Argentina, great work, man.