JohnTem82387976

21 March 2012

Now We Are Four


Today marks the fourth birthday of "Left and to the Back", which is a decidedly odd thought. When I first started this blog in 2008, I originally supposed that it had one year's life in it, two at a push - after that, I'd probably run out of records to talk about and also run out of enthusiasm. Whilst digging around for interesting discs is actually more of a challenge now than it was then, the flow of material hasn't threatened to dry up completely, and updating this blog is still a huge pleasure rather than a chore. Hopefully I'll still be doing this for awhile yet.

I also originally supposed that the volume of visitors to this space would always be a steady trickle of 40-50 regular interested readers - how many people can there be out there who are actually interested in flop records, after all? - but it's now a hell of a lot more than that, and the blog has picked up press and attention from all over the world and in the most unlikely places. Clearly there are more people out there like me than I originally thought. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

What next? Well, I think it's about time I changed the design format of the blog, don't you? It looks like what it is - a very basic template from the last decade. If any of you feel particularly attached to its threadbare orangeness please do feel free to pipe up, but this anniversary has reminded me that I probably do need to pull my finger out and make some changes.

And did I really need to create a birthday entry? Nah, not really. It's a little bit silly. But it's also nice to mark the passing of time in a self-indulgent way.

3 comments:

Mondo said...

Really four years - incredible. Keep the winners coming Dave

ximeremix said...

Hippy Pappy Birdday Dave

23 Daves said...

Thanks both.

I aim to keep both the winners and the losers coming for a while longer. There will hopefully be some nice surprises coming up over the next few weeks.