JohnTem82387976

3 November 2018

Selling The Precious Things

I've just put a few of my singles up for sale on ebay, and you can see them here. You might even want to bookmark the link to my store, as more will be gradually added (with others going up on Discogs slowly over the coming months as well).

Whenever I do this, I generally get a couple of concerned messages from other record collectors asking why, and worrying about whether I'm in financial trouble or need the cash to pay for an eyebrow transplant or something. Selling bits of your collection off is, after all, unthinkable, isn't it?

While I'm happy to say that I'm not close to the debtor's prison yet, I do live in a very small two-up two-down house which I share with my wife. There are records I either have duplicate copies of, or hardly ever play, or have on LPs in much better condition.... none of them should really be taking up as much space as they are at the moment (confining them to the attic to possibly get warped or damp was the alternative option, and I'd rather they were loved by another keen owner).

Also, there are loads of singles I buy especially for this blog for the purposes of amusing or entertaining you all, but which don't necessarily have a place close to my heart.

The first few up for sale are:

1. Shades of Blue - There Ain't No Use (In Loving Me) - 1965 - Pye stock copy
2. The Kytes - Blessed - 1966 Pye demo
3. Bob Clarke - Haunted - 1971 CBS stock copy
4. The Jeeps - He Saw Eesaw - 1967 Strike stock copy
5. Airwave Orchestra - Channel 4 Theme Fourscore - 1982 Polydor stock copy

If this goes well, more will follow. 

No comments: