JohnTem82387976

16 July 2022

Oh Goodness, Is That The Time?

Just a quick note to say that the blog will be returning from its slumber tomorrow morning with a new entry, and others to follow in the weeks ahead.

HOWEVER... life has taken a couple of twists and turns for me since we last spoke, though this wasn't entirely unexpected. It now looks extremely likely that I'll be moving house from London (where I've lived for last twenty years) to the Midlands, which means selling this place up, possibly putting some belongings in storage, hopefully having a relatively straightforward house purchase and move in the new location, and then who knows. I certainly don't.

While I'll try to keep blog postings at their usual frequency while chaos reigns, I may have bigger fish to fry for awhile so it's possible there will be further periods of silence or occasional brief quiet patches. It's been decades since I tried to uproot myself to a completely different city, so let's see how this goes.

6 comments:

Oscar Gamba said...

Man, thanks for your knowledge and the hard work.
Greetings from Colombia, not columbia.

Arthur Nibble said...

Ooh blimey... hope everything's ticketyboo, Dave. Moving house can be stressful. Having had to deal with the sale of a property, a change to a will gifting a house to someone else and then the purchase of a rented dwelling (none of which were mine!) in the last two years I have a good idea what it can be like. Feel free to just slip a record on thr blog when you can.

Pete Cost said...

Hope everything turns out well for you!
Been there, done that, so I know the angst and the thrill of a new place.
I know there are details you are not revealing about all this, but something tells me that this is rather thrilling for you.
Thanks for everything you may post for us, and do take your time. Priorities is the key word here.

23 Daves said...

Thanks! It's all very early stages yet but hopefully a fairly major change of lifestyle is around the corner.

Pete Cost said...

Beautiful! Changes are usually welcome. Keeps the stone rolling :) Enjoy!

meat tree said...

good luck with the move,you certainly found some interesting finds in the break,great ones to munch my breakfast to