JohnTem82387976

20 July 2024

Everybody's Number One To Someone

 

Well, I said I'd be back with something soon. And how has that turned out? Have I come up with something that you want?

I hope so. My new blog "Everybody's Number One To Someone" focuses on all the tracks which reached number one in the NME indie charts, from 1981 onwards. It's over here, comes with complete Spotify playlists (of absolutely everything that charted within their Top 30 each year). It also takes a brief look at the tracks that bumped around the charts away from the number one spot as well.

In short, it's going to be an absolute feast, shoving all those records into some kind of cultural context but hopefully not being too dry in the process. Even the hippiest and moddest of heads who read this blog might be thrilled to see that The Misunderstood and The Action get early mentions. 

I hope to see you there. It's a different topic and mostly a different era, but I've been slowly plotting, scheming and writing this one since April, there's lots more to come, and I hope you'll agree it's been worth it. 

If not... perhaps we'll bump into each other again soon somewhere else online, but sadly that won't be on "Left and to the Back". 

No comments: