JohnTem82387976

1 May 2023

A fox, a fox in a cardboard Box

You'll probably all have noticed that our mp3 hosts Box have recently undertaken one of their periodic redesigns and upgrades, and as is customary on these occasions, that has led to hiccups for a few readers (and for the first time, me as editor of this blog, so I share your pain). I can't begrudge web designers a living, but I do wish their best laid plans didn't so often lead to chaos.

Anyway, some of you may be constantly seeing a tiny cloud in the preview panes which you're being asked to drag into an even tinier cloud. Far from being some kind of "pin the dot on the tiny pixel" game I've set up to annoy vinyl nerds everywhere, it's actually a system error which can usually be corrected.

Please take one or all of the following steps below to view this blog in a more pleasurable way:

That should work. I've also updated the FAQ with other relevant technical information (and corrected other aspects which had fallen out of date) so please do go there if something else seems to be up. Or you want to know why the music you like hasn't been uploaded recently. Or anything else like that. 

4 comments:

Marie said...

While I'm not having those ugly problems here, there is another music blog similiar to this one, where I have this weird "stark blank screen with only a play box in the dead center" issue (I use a Kindle Fire tablet) where there used to be a download icon, and I'm told there is a drop down menu with the three dots icon, but NOT FOR ME! There is absolutely nothing at all TO drop down, except the gear on the play box (only for changing playback speed) I did all the restarting/clearing/updating tricks but still no go! I sent a support ticket to Box but they'll just ignore it! *gripes about corporate types always breaking perfectly functioning things*

23 Daves said...

I think they're aware of the problem, Marie. Hopefully it will be fixed soon! It really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Chris R said...

Thanks for all your work on the blog.

As a Firefox user, Box on your blog has never worked better for me. I used to "have to go directly to the source" about 75% of the time; thus far the downloads are smoother than ever!

23 Daves said...

That's good to know Chris, thank you. The opposite is true for me, which is baffling - but if more people are happy than not, that's a step in the right direction.